Detective James Palmieri will be joining the Thriving Youth Task Force (TYTF) as the Community Co-Chair for 2019/20. Palmieri, the first School Resource Officer for Darien High School, has shown unparalleled commitment to Darien’s youth since joining the force a decade ago. He is currently a Youth Detective for the Darien Police Department, where he spearheaded the implementation of a Juvenile Review Board and runs programs which focus on juvenile education, safety and enforcement. Read more
- A Podcast: Talking to our kids about conflict and war
- 2% of teens identify as nonbinary or gender diverse. So a CT nonprofit created a program aimed at them.
- “Parenting During the Pandemic”, Free CGC Webinar Series
- Child Guidance Center of Southern Connecticut Behavioral Health Experts Offer Advice on Alleviating Back to School Fears
- Community Foundation awards more than $530,000 in grants