Renée is a genderqueer, Nu Yorican advocating for intentional mental resilience and well-being for TNB folx. Renée received their master’s in social work at New York University, and has been privileged to support young adults at Hetrick Martin Institute, Trinity Place Shelter, and Montefiore Hospital’s first LGBTQ youth program, the Umbrella Program serving youth & families, through the Adolescent AIDS Program, during which time they received the Bronx Borough President’s Citation of Merit for Outstanding Work with the Bronx LGBTQ+ Community. Most recently, Renée was a mental health therapist at the Adult AIDS Clinic at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx, and continues education as an appointed faculty at the Einstein College of Medicine’s Family and Social Medicine Department. Currently, they are a group clinician at the Ackerman Institute’s Gender and Families Project and work in private practice from a health equity framework.
- Darien mental health study looks at pandemic’s effect: anxiety up, teen binge drinking down
- Community Health Center and its Child Guidance Center of Southern CT Receive $2.5 Million to Expand Early Childhood Behavioral Health Services; Award is largest in CGC’s history
- Good Enough Parenting: When Fantasy and Reality Don’t Overlap
- A Podcast: Talking to our kids about conflict and war
- 2% of teens identify as nonbinary or gender diverse. So a CT nonprofit created a program aimed at them.