If you feel sad, nervous or angry; if you feel like you can’t get it together…we can help.
Did you know that one in five kids has an emotional or behavioral difficulty like depression or anxiety? In fact, research has shown that half of all mental health problems begin before age 14. Fortunately, there are treatments that help. If you are struggling, don’t be afraid to ask for help. Contact a parent or school counselor, or call us directly.
At The Child Guidance Center, We Can Help If You Are:
- Feeling sad, depressed, or hopeless
- Experiencing loneliness
- Thinking about suicide
- Worried or anxious
- Unable to make friends
- Being bullied
- Angry or getting into fights a lot
- Getting into trouble at home or school
- Unable to finish your school work
- Having a hard time sleeping or having frequent nightmares
- Dealing with divorce or changes in your family
- Suffering from the death of a family member, friend, or pet
- The victim of abuse or violence
- Engaging in repetitive behaviors that you can’t stop
- Using drugs or alcohol to feel better
- Cutting, burning, or harming yourself
- Hearing voices or seeing things that aren’t there
Getting help is a sign of strength and maturity, not a sign of weakness. We have been helping kids like you for more than 60 years. Feel free to call us at (203) 324-6127 if you want more information about how we can help.